Before you decide how to fix a problem, you should probably seek first to understand it... perhaps with a root cause analysis. That is, unless you happen to enjoy delays, lost productivity, injuries, or worse. In that case, feel free to implement any pseudo-random, flavour-of-the-month "solution" your heart desires. Realize the four ignoble truths, and follow the ignoble eight-fold path.
The Four Ignoble Truths
- Life is just full of problems.
- Today's problem is the result of past solutions.
- There is an easy solution for today's problem.
- The way is given by the ignoble eightfold path.
The Ignoble Eightfold Path
- Problems are inevitable.
- All you can do is deal with them as they come up.
- Promise whatever you have to.
- Try whatever seems reasonable.
- Just stick to your own job.
- Don't worry about causes, or consequences.
- Let tomorrow take care of itself.
- Above all, focus on immediate results.
Welcome to the vicious cycle.
by Bill Wilson